• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D3D GeForce3 anisotropic registry settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

Ok, I have the reg settings for OpenGL to enable higher anisotropic levels, but I can't find the D3D ones. I've always used NV-Max (I think that's right) to change the D3D aniso settings but it doesn't yet support the Det4's. Can anyone look in their registry? I think it's d3d_ForceAnisolLevel or something similar to that... I can't stand only having 8-tap level.

And NVMax 3.00.49 is the ONLY tweaking program that supports the 21.81 detonators at the moment. .50 should be out soon.

To change the degree of anisotropy in Direct3D, you'll need to add the Dword "AnisotropicLevel" (without the quotes) to the following key...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | System | CurrentControlSet | Services | Class | DISPLAY | 0000 | NVidia | Direct3D

The following are Dword values (hexadecimal) based on the degree of anisotropy...
  • Determined by Direct3D application...ffffffff
  • Force level 0 (off, use nearest point)...0
  • Force level 1 (off, use bilinear)...........1
  • Force level 2...................................2

Last edited:
Back