• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC A 2600+ mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saud

Ok this is like my second post to this site, ok i got like 250 maybe 300, around there, ok im gonna get forsure a 2600+ mobile processor and nf7-s ok i dont know what ram to get... like i want to get 1 stick of 512 corsair PC3200 ram and later upgrade and get another stick so (2) sticks o 512 corsair value ram in dual channal :attn: or i dunno if i should get some different brand or something i can't decide which ram to get for not too much b/c im trying to push a 2600+ to at least maybe 2.4-2.5 ghz , btw when i overclock my processor is gonna still be 266 fsb right?, and im gonna want to overclock my ram a little bit but i dunno if i get value ram, thanks for ur help guys

For $300 you can get an A64 system.
An A64 2800+ NC (ADA2800AXBOX on newegg)
A DFI Lanparty 250GB
And RAM for the money that you have left. As you only need one stick of RAM, you can get one 512MB stick, or 1GB stick, but if you want 1GB of RAM, 2x512MB is probably preffered.
I can assure that even with cheap PC3200 RAM, that won't OC much you'll get a lot better performance with an A64 system than with an XP. The A64 isn't that sensitive to running Async so the only noticable limitation will be that of the RAM bandwidth, and not of some kind of latency limitation like the XP suffers from.

It will still be a 266fsb if you only change the multiplier.The best way to overclock is to raise the fsb. Cpu Speed = multiplier X FSB in your case the cpu is rated at 16X133
which is 2128mhz. To get up to 2500mhz you will need to raise the fsb to 156 leaving the multiplier as it is. . You may also need more vcore and better cooling.You need to put your whole set up in your signature so everyone can see what your running. cooling, psu, mobo etc.

yes it is stock 133 fsb but if you get pc 3200 then you can easily raise it to 200 and the processor shouldnt have any problem with it, thats why people love the mobiles so much along with the unlocked multi. 2.4 is incredibly easy even with air cooling you could set it to 200x12 and put maybe 1.675 volts and it shoudl work like a champ for pretty cheap. but they are right for 300 you could build a a64 system and it would be much faster and you would have much much more upgradability. after seeing how my system compares in all its overclock glory to an athlon 64 with just a fsb overclock i wish i had the money for a 64 system. just get some goos ram so you can oc your fsb with the 64 system. :burn:

Back