• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty 250 HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

OK I got my DFI + 3200+ DTR and the thing wont do anything, fans wont even spin up. Its a new PSU/MOBO/CPU so i tried the PSU by connecting the green/black wires, works fine. I have the mobo on the box it came in so it shouldent be a shorting issue... ive tried turning it on with the button on the mobo and connecting the pins for the case button with a screw driver, neather works. I tried unplugging the CD Roms, floppy ect. till it was just the mobo and it wont do anything. Is there some jumper that could be doing it, everything is set how it came out of the box and the manual dosent seem to be that discriptive. Does it have something like the CPU Fan header has to have something on it to boot? Anything like that that could cause the problem? Thanks for the help.

I would first jumper cmos to clear with A/c un-hooked from board and battery out for about 10 minutes. While that is going on you can get ready to do what is pasted below.

PASTED:
This is what Oskar_Wu recommanded and it worked for me: (after several bios resets i might add)

1 . Take off the board , remove any thing including retention kit come with the board
2 . Turn the board to back side and check carefully if there is anything short between all the DIMM/AGP slot pin ...
3 . Put only the MB on an safe platform , remove AC power cord first
4 . Plug the ATX 20 pin and ATX +12V 4 pin power connector
5 . Install the cpu , put the cpu heatsink on it carefully
6 . Install one DIMM in DIMM3
7 . Plug the spreaker or buzzer on the front panel connector
8 . Plug the AC power cord
9 . Boot up the mainboard to see if there is any beep sound
10 . No beep sound or continous long beep sound ? Return it to your reseller and ask for an exchange ASAP ...
11 . 3 short beep sound ? Turn off the power and install the video card , it should be able to boot with display card if there is 3 short beep sound without video card on the MB ...

This 3 short sound beep was more like:

------------------ -- -- --

So a long beep ending with 3 very short beeps.
Try the above and reset bios a couple of times, after i got it to boot, i turned it off, killed standby power and added another stick in slot 1, rebooted just fine.
END PASTE.

That should tell you what you need to do IF you don't skip any steps.

RGone...

Is ther an advantage to dimm 3 possibly limiting my htt at 240 cause i installed on it on accident and after a day i switched to dimm 1 ?

kjeeks3337, there really is no way to tell as I do not see anything that resembles a signature with at least your basic setup in it. No way in the world to help you without information. Period.

RGone...

Back