• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dangit! Just got AQYHA from Newegg. Should I keep it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mirage_Man

Registered
Ordered a Mobile 2600+ on Monaday from Newegg. It came today and is a AQYHA. From all that I've read these steppings aren't as goos as the IQYHA ones.

Should I keep it or send it back and hope for an IQYHA? Is anyone having success with this stepping?

Mirage_Man said:
Ordered a Mobile 2600+ on Monaday from Newegg. It came today and is a AQYHA. From all that I've read these steppings aren't as goos as the IQYHA ones.

Should I keep it or send it back and hope for an IQYHA? Is anyone having success with this stepping?

"send it back" better not mean RMA.

some AQYHA's have had good results, you never really know for sure.
and he means, dont RMA (send something back) simply because you dont like the stepping, the chip isnt broken or defective.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
some AQYHA's have had good results, you never really know for sure.
and he means, dont RMA (send something back) simply because you dont like the stepping, the chip isnt broken or defective.

Oh Gotcha.

I'm pretty new to OC'ing. I've just read that the "I"QHYA steppings tend to do better. I won't be able to build this system until this weekend so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Nothing wrong with RMAing a chip that you don't like - AS LONG AS you haven't damaged it. You have the right to return a merchandise if you don't like it, of course it's up to the vendor's return policy. Heck even if you've damaged it, there's nothing wrong with RMAing, IF you tell the vendor the truth.

I just got a 0426 AQYHA as well... :cry: What have these chips been known to do? Im going to put on a SI-97 with tornado fan.

think they'd send me a IQYHA if i requested one in the notes?

boostdfd3s said:
think they'd send me a IQYHA if i requested one in the notes?

I highly doubt it. This is the only thing I don't like about Newegg...there's no interaction with the people pulling your stuff. You're just a order number to them.

why dont u guys order a 2600+ mobile from excaliberpc you get IQYHA:0429 SPMW guaranteed

lithker said:
why dont u guys order a 2600+ mobile from excaliberpc you get IQYHA:0429 SPMW guaranteed

Cause they don't have any in stock...I looked before I ordered at Newegg. As a matter of fact they have none of the IQYHA in stock for any speed.

spazzmattah said:
Nothing wrong with RMAing a chip that you don't like - AS LONG AS you haven't damaged it. You have the right to return a merchandise if you don't like it, of course it's up to the vendor's return policy. Heck even if you've damaged it, there's nothing wrong with RMAing, IF you tell the vendor the truth.

Indeed, dunno what there on about.

Yeah id try and get your money back.

I have a A stepping only does 2.4ghz, with loads of volts.

my chip is a AQYHA 0421 FPMW, same chip excaliberPC is selling with "garunteed" stepping, etc for $110, still not an "I" but do you all think it'll be a fairly good OC'er?

I have never ever LIKED my A chip i was hoping for an I my A would only go up as high as 2.5 with MASSIVE burn in over a few months time and pushhing it with 2.0 volts...so i would RMA it or sell it on e-bay and buy a new one...

I found some chips on ebay from a vendor, awaiting an e-mail to see if they are I-stepped...hes got 9 in his auction and the picture is of an I stepped model

*Praying that they are I's*

Back