• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Securing voltage pots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caeberos

I recently have been having an undervolting problem on my Fortron 530W PSU, so I fainlly got a multimeter, and have managed to return the rating back to normal, my question is, how do I secure the pot now? it seems to varry a little based on vibration of the power supply itself.... do I need to glue it down or should I just leave it as is?

Thanks for the help
-Caeberos

Forget it, it appears the problem is irreperable, no matter how much I tweak the pots, the power starts dipping again after a random amount of time... guess it was time to upgrade anyway, probably get a Fortron 400 or 500 watt model

How much does the voltage dip? I can't imagine a 530W Fortron being inadequate unless you have a tons of stuff loading down the +12V rail, like a super-fast CPU and graphics card and lots of disk drives.

And are you measuring the voltages with a digital multimeter and not the highly inaccurate motherboard voltage monitoring hardware?

I am using a borrowed Fluke Multimeter, so I am gussing that should be moderatly accurate

when I say the power just drops off, I mean it is fine for a little while 11.97v solid, then after a while, and a restart, it just drops.... down to like 9.7v.... I think it is dead, and I am not sure what I have done to it!!! WHY??????

I am hoping to get enough christmas money to replace it with either another 530W or a 500W Blue Storm, though I would prefer something that wasn't a flashy :beer:

-Thanks

Back