• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GainWard FX 5900 prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drachaos

Hey guys new here and rather a noob when it come to GFX cards and well everything else hardware wise lol so hoping u cud offer sum assistance.

Neway my pc is rather crap and i know this....
AMD Athlon 1.13 (dunno much else about it tbh if neone has views or better way to improve it pm me plz)
384 PCI133 DDR ram
and a GainWard GeForce FX 5900 (once again i know nothing about lol)

neway the problem is this.... i play Lineage 2 and enjoy it that much i think i'm addicted lol but the problem is graphical tears on certain scenery textures and it's bugging me cos i can't takea decent screenshot for my character when fighting without these little tears. TBH i think it's down to my CPU and ram and i mite be rite so ne suggestions wud be great and yes i have up to date drivers and use the expertool that Gainwood provides. Thnx in advance :D

SpiNe (and yes thats my real name :p )

PSU i know is a 300w and thats about it gonna see in min what make and that is and the drivers i'm using are.... nvidia offical drivers 66.93 hope that info helps.

Okies i dunno if i have found the prob yet but answer this question for me.... say if the graphics was 8x AGP and the motherboard only supports 4x AGP wud that make a huge difference?

If this does then i may have solved the problem for my self after hours of so called 'tinkering' hehehe. uif this is the case then i'll order the new motherboard from novatech when i get at least 2 replys verifying this problem :D

Till then guys happy new year if not back to me by then :D

Sorry, but I was running a 6800le in agp4x before I remembered to switch it to 8x in the bios and no performance difference at all.

Back