• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Road Runner upping their speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckbadly

I read on the net yesterday that they were upping their speeds after the first of the year. From 3MB to 5MB and 6MB to 8MB. Is there any truth to this? I haven't gotten any letters or anything from them. It said New York area has already been upgraded. I live in Ohio and we are supposed to see it in January. The real shocker was no price increases. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything, I asked the people I know that have RR and they said they hadn't heard anything about it. Heres a link http://news.com.com/Road+Runner+picks+up+speed/2100-1038_3-5491648.html

Last edited:
mine hasn't increased, but it sure would be nice

id like my upload to increase to maybe 50kbps..thats not too much to ask..

I was sent official news here in Central Florida two days ago. From 3 to 5 for me....for FREE, that is the best part.

K, my zip is 44820, my speeds still at the 3MB barrier. It said next month (Jan.) in my area, be nice :thup: I don't remember how to reboot my modem, someone tell me and I'll try and see what happens. Think I just have to unplug the power for a few and plug it back in right?

I would love an increase in upload too. As of now mine is 350 kb/s and my down speed is like 2.4 mb/s

I'd love it too - I'm a DSL subscriber in OH, and whenever RR ups their speed, my DSL comp. isn't too far behind. :) They did it earlier this year, as well as a few years ago. All at no charge. I've seen some RR ads on TV pushing a faster service for gamers, but with d/l already around 3 Mb/s, why pay more? Just wait until they bump it up again. I believe DSL is rated to go as high as 8 Mb/s, so they can keep raising it for a while - it's all in marketing and trying to get the most $$$ out of the consumer.

X1g

I had sprint dsl here in ohio before I got RR..I think it was only around a 1.5MB line..been a while so I don't remember for sure but I know it was much slower then my RR is my max D/L was about 80-100k/sec. Not to mention the stability sucked, it was always goin down.

Back