• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA and Overclocking on K8N Neo2 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thephoneguy

Registered
I have a Neo2 and winchester 3200. I just upgraded from a Nforce 3 250GB S754 board. I reloaded XP, and figured it would see what I can get out of her before I load anything else. I also have the OCZ Platinum Rev 2 TCCD dual channel kit that seems to be popular in here. I am using bios 1.51.

I lost my partition table at 240 FSB 1:1, wondering if this has to do with the locked ports. My other mobo would not work with the Promise SATA controller if overclocked past 210 FSB. I had to connect to the 2 SATA connectors right near the cpu/northbridge. I am on 1 and 2 now. Are they the locked connectors?
Drives are new Seagate 200G with NCQ.

no, I have them in the ones labeled 1 and 2, near the bottom of the board next to the NB fan...will move em over to the others labeled 3 and 4 which are between the CPU and the 3 stage power supply...that's what you mean , right?

Back