• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy Gamer Problems .. Crackle ...Crackle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

Ok main problem is when i play a game (far cry).. it crackles every few seconds or so ... very annoying...

i have tried playing music through media player and it wirks fine - no crackling..

ive tried new pci slots drivers etc...

could it be a IRQ problem ? or just cant handle the game beings its somewhat of an older gen card ??

give me some tips and we'll go from there !!

ohhh, i have the same card, and i believe i had the same problem. until i turned something in the farcry audio options off...it's like 'surround' or something, it's towards the bottom of the config page i think...

well i forgot to mention that when i start the game and the music plays as the intro or whatever it is fine only when im in game it does that ..

also is there any way around that .. because i love having surround sound in games .. makes it that much better ..

if not im thinking its time to upgrade ..

anything better than audigy 2 for 90 bucks ?? newegg has a special on them right now .. 25 mail in rebate ..

it wasnt necessarily the 'surround' option, it was something like that, play around with the settings until it stops. and yes i had the same problem where the intro was fine but the game was funny.

i uninstalled and driver cleaned my 6800GT and Audigy 2 ZS. then installed my Audigy2 and all its online updates, and THEN installed my 6800GT's drivers.

havent had a crackle or pop or anything since.

Back