• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have any experience overclocking A64 3800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just about no one buys those cause they cost at least $500 and there all the older newcastle cores too. too close in price to the fx53 as well so people just took the fx53 instead. whats the point even? just get a fx53, you can get one used for $600, maybe even $550 if you look around and ive seen those do from 2.55 to 2.7GHz on air cooling. fx55 is $850-900 but generally add 200-300MHz ontop of that so 2.75 to 3GHz on air. a great deal is the 3000+ winchester, you should get a retail one for mid $100s, or in the 150s to 160s mine does 2.6GHz which is honestely almost as good as a fx anyway minus half the cache, but losing half the cache does NOT mean losing half the performance, try 10-15%

hope you got it real cheap, like $400 tops. do let us know how it clocks. If your not happy, you can ebay it or something and get a 3000+ or 3200+ winchester for less than 1/2 the price and those may overclock just as high

maybe he doesnt care to overclock or he coulda gotten a $160(around that) 3000+ winchester, mine does 2.6GHz too, making it the best bang for buck by far. However I can understand if he never overclocks, 90% of people just refuse to overclock, they have their reasons and this is to be respected.....

Back