• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations wanted on HSF for Athlon 64 and Asus A8V Deluxe MB!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spooky

Hello All,

I am thinking about upgrading the MB and processor for my system. I would like to get the Asus A8V Deluxe MB and the Athlon 64 3500+ processor. As you know, one thing leads to another, and I was wondering if some of you would give me your thoughts and recommendations on a quality HSF for this combo. I plan to experiment with OCing a bit. I currently have a Thermalright SLK800 and Thermaltake Smart Case Fan II, but I'm not sure that I can use it with the new board. Thanks for any input.

The SLK-800 is a no go! :(

Take a look at these sinks...They all fit your mobo and chip, according to Thermalright.
Forget the rest and get the best..:D

XP-120 A64 / A64FX Motherboard Compatibility Information

Asus : A8V Deluxe : Okay

XP-90 Motherboard Compatibility Information

AMD socket 754/939/940 platform

XP-90 is designed to fit all AMD socket 754/939/940 motherboards (*Gigabyte K8 motherboards see below). So far, we have not found any board that is not compatible with XP-90. If you've found any, we would appreciate if you could report them to here.

SLK-948U Socket 478 / A64 / A64FX Motherboard Compatibility Information

ASUS :K8V Deluxe : Okay

http://www.thermalright.com/support_default.htm

Thanks for the info. I checked out the Thermalright HS and they look awesome. Appreciate your time!

Back