• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable management

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Hey guys, I am wanting to clean up some of my wiring for better air flow and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for cable sleeves. I guess something that you can warm up slightly in order for it to shrink, unless you know of a better alternative. I am alos waning to get some replacement IDE's that are shorter in length, again, just to clean up some more. I think Im gonna get oragamy with this sucker over the holidays. Thanks ahead of the time for the info. :thup:

I like the metal braided round cables, from www.pctoys.com They come in diff. lengths, silver or copper...You've prob. seen them in my pics..;)
I've never had any data probs with them, to my knowledge..
Do you plan to sleeve the PSU in your sig?

As a matter of fact thats the main reason Im getting the sleeving.

Last edited:
Seems they gave to servers a pill....Or AIM had me hindered...:D

The wiring to the rear fans will be stealthed somewhat, going thru mobo wall by rear of PSU, next tear down..

Well I am about to sleeve my PSU and have been working on cable management as well. One of the things you should do is cut a hole by your PSU and run your cables behind your motherboard tray. This can also be done with your floppy and or IDE cables.

Heres some links to articles about sleeving and cleaning up your case

crazy cheap way to sleeve
professional way to sleeve

I cant find the other ones right now but if you look around overclockers and in the case mod gallery in the alt mod sticky section you should get some really good ideas.

i like how messy wires look. this of course coming from a guy who has wires and hardware stewn all over his desk and table. unfortunately messy wires hinder airflow :cry:

5$ Black Cable Tubeing from Radioshack they also have diffrent sizes, colors installation 3 mins :beer:

Attachments

• case1.JPG
    case1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
speed bump said:
Well I am about to sleeve my PSU and have been working on cable management as well. One of the things you should do is cut a hole by your PSU and run your cables behind your motherboard tray. This can also be done with your floppy and or IDE cables.

Heres some links to articles about sleeving and cleaning up your case

crazy cheap way to sleeve
professional way to sleeve

I cant find the other ones right now but if you look around overclockers and in the case mod gallery in the alt mod sticky section you should get some really good ideas.

Ive already cut the necesarry holes a while back, Im just finishing a job that I didnt finish. Thanks fot the links, Ive beenn looking at that techflex kit and I think I pretty much decided wo go that route.

rebelwarlock said:
i like how messy wires look. this of course coming from a guy who has wires and hardware stewn all over his desk and table. unfortunately messy wires hinder airflow :cry:

Yea, not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks for the input ;)

Shouldnt the sleeving fit over the connectors so that removal of them isnt necessary? Thats what their decriptions say.

I was also thinking of organizing my wiring, coz its like a snake pit:) inside my case, but I was thinking of a more economical way and non permanent, electrical tape is one of them ived tried it with one connector and it looks fine to me without the WOW effect though. :D

No the expanable stuff doesn't quite expand enough. Anyway taking off your current connectors will allow you to get new ones like these I just ordered one of the logisys kits so I'll let you know how it does if your interested.

Also Jab-tech has anything you wan't to sleeve and they ussually test products and tell whether or not they are weird.

I think using loom can look good, it's just a matter of not using it all over the place and still doing a good job of hiding wires.

Electrical tape is nice until you try to redo it or remove it. Then you'll regret using it ;)

don't get the techflex kit - its WAY overpriced - the store-brand kits at www.xoxide.com contain the same lengths of expandable sleeving, heatshrink, and everything - for half the price

just trying to save you some money...

the green ones are on sale was well - i bought 4 of them already while they were even cheaper during their X-Hour sale 2 weeks ago

Back