• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really need help K8N Neo2 platinum Mob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Abyady

I have just ordered AMD 64 3500+ Winchester CPU and K8N Neo2 Platinum Mob with Zipzoomfly.com

After I plug in cpu,heatsink, Centon DDR3200 double-side 512 RAM and thermaltake 480w silent powersupply, the computer stayed in completely suspend mode. Monitor did not recieve any signal, I can't see any bios screen or anything. I tried to unplug the RAM and there is no beeping by Mob. I tried change RAM to Kingston DDR3200 512 single side RAM. I still didn't get any response. I am not sure what's my BIOS version. The PCI slide said Rev 1.0. I am wondering if anyone know what can I do?? Is my Mob or CPU defected??

Yes I have tried plug ved card....i get yellow on 1 and 4 and red on 2 and 3.
The Bios Chip only list pheonix bios and something not important.

Also disconnect any USB,HD's, CD/DVD Rom Drives, Sata Cables, 1394Connectors because if any are incorrectly plugged in the mobo or defective it will not let you post in the bios.

Try a different PSU. Have had power start delay issues on several new boards even with the king of the hill PC Power and Cooling 510 PSU on an Abit AV8.

Didnt find out till talking to the design engineer at PC Power and Cooling, most mobo manufacturers are pushing the envelope with how quickly their mobo's start up. Sometimes you can get a 1:10000 matchup of PSU and mobo that wont boot correctly.

Also, try holding in the the reset switch while pressing the power button. After releasing the power button wait a second or two and release the reset switch, it hold the mobo in delay a couple more milli seconds.

Unfortunately, I say, hopefully this is your problem. If it is, try and explain it to the retailer and try for an RMA. Otherwise live with a mobo/PSU combo that you know the trick to starting up.

fushyuguru - thats an interesting combo.....i havent read that before but i hope it works!!

Back