• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolest running stock 6800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well im not sure the average stock temps for a 6800GT seems to be around in the 50's c for idle and load varies per setup tiss around 60-70-80c, Mine stayed around 53c idle and 75c load.

Watercooled its about 39c idle and 45c load

With the stock heatsink my eVGA 6800gt was around 52C idle and 65C loaded. I've since gone to a NV Silencer 5 which drops my temps about 5C. Looking at candyman's temps I am seriously thinking of going to watercooling. Wonder if I could integrate a peltier in with the watercooling to really drop the temps.

geid3811 said:
With the stock heatsink my eVGA 6800gt was around 52C idle and 65C loaded. I've since gone to a NV Silencer 5 which drops my temps about 5C. Looking at candyman's temps I am seriously thinking of going to watercooling. Wonder if I could integrate a peltier in with the watercooling to really drop the temps.

Yea i was ganna do that but my 120 watt pelt iv been saving for years broke. :cry:

Ambient 40c card 57c, using Revatuner for temps, idle.

Playing D00M III, Ambient 50c, Card 78c.

Used Arctic silver 3 on the GPU and the ram, took off the stock goop on the GPU & Pads on the ram.

Stock cooler.

Back