• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Z YA LTR

OK guys I need your help on this.

Im building and extra computer out of parts that I have extra around the house.
Parts:

CPU: Athlon 1700B. Clock on air = 2100mhz 1.75v. Stock is 1400 I believe
Mobo: Soltek Nforce 2. I can remeber the model number.
Cooling: Swifttec h20 kit with eheim 1048 pump. Dual 120mm fans with rad. 1/4 id hosing.
Ram: Have to get some
HD: Need one
Vid: 9700NP
PS: 450W 18amp 12V
Case: ??? Free

The block that came with the kit wont fit on my mobo because it doesnt have the holes to mount the block. So Im going to buy some new blocks.

Heres where I need the help. I want to try to pelt my vid card but I have never messed with them. So......

Might Buy:

GPU: Swiftech MCW50-T
CPU: Swiftech MCW6000
Mobo: Air cooled
Or
GPU: Swiftech MCW50
CPU: Swiftech MCW6000
Mobo: Swifttech MCW20-R

If I dont pelt the gpu then I will watercool the mobo.

Which would you do and why?

If I do pelt the vid card will my cooling be enough? Will my temps be good if I just run it with a t and no res? Or should I use it with a res? Even with 1/4in lines? I dont want to spend more money then I have to. This is just a little project and I thought it might be nice to play with.

If you were in my situation what would you do?

Oh yea, What could I use to monitor my vid temps? Where and how Do I mount a probe. A case I bought one time came with a probe and I could never figure out where to mount it. Thanks for any help.

--Josh

Last edited:
Back