• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCP&C handle this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cuddles

Specs in sig, all OC'd. Also will be using a 50Z, 2x120mm Heatercore, GPU / CPU all running off of it. Just wondering, can the 510 Deluxe handle all this? I was going for a 600W Powerstream but may have changed my mind. Although the 510 is a lot louder (44 compared to 30 on the OCZ).

Not sure what I should go for :(

Yeah, it'll run that just fine.

As for noise, you won't even notice it. The 510 has 1 fan where as the OCZ's have 2 (no lame green light either :p)

Sucka said:
Yeah, it'll run that just fine.

As for noise, you won't even notice it. The 510 has 1 fan where as the OCZ's have 2 (no lame green light either :p)

A second fan couldn't fit in the Turbo Cool anyway. I should get mine (custom built) in a week. Holiday season bogged them down a bit so I had to wait.

I wish the Turbo Cool had the POTS on the back but given the design uses every cubic inch of its case volume, I doubt there's much flexibility for rearrangement without impeding airflow.

I might add another pump possibly in the future, will the 510 still be able to keep up with something such as that? A few more drives as well in the future.

And another quick off topic question, if I set my 12v to something like 13v, will that hurt any of my other components? Reason I ask is that the 50Z runs a reasonable amount better at 13v compared to 12v.

Dedicate a second PSU to all extras if it comes down to it. That or go with the new big dog PCP&C's.

cuddles said:
Specs in sig, all OC'd. Also will be using a 50Z, 2x120mm Heatercore, GPU / CPU all running off of it. Just wondering, can the 510 Deluxe handle all this? I was going for a 600W Powerstream but may have changed my mind. Although the 510 is a lot louder (44 compared to 30 on the OCZ).

I didn't know that heatercores ran off of PSU's :) Anyway, my 510 Deluxe powered all this, ready?

Prescott at 4Ghz with 1.58V (SERIOUS power draw right there alone)
3 Laing D4's
6 Sanyo Denki 120mm fans
4 Panaflo L1A 120mm fans
4 Panaflo L1A 80mm fans
4 Hard Drives
2 DVD/CD-RW Drives
Floppy
2 Cold Cathodes
9800XT

I think the 510 can power your minimal requirements :D

cuddles said:
Although the 510 is a lot louder (44 compared to 30 on the OCZ).

It will easily power that. PS PCP&C recently switched from the loud Nidec ball bearing fan to a Quieter Delta model for what it's worth. I asked PCP&C why they didnt use the Sanyo Denki 109R0812M4011 (29.3cfm at 23dBa, they stated it wasnt cost effective. They stated it would be a tough sell to include a $15 fan, so I showed them where they could get them for $7 :)

I use the Sanyo Denki 109R0812M4011 in my Pc Power and Cooling 510 and its dead silent.

bizhar said:
Yes. No problem.
(I was waiting for nikhsub1's post)
ROTFL

Nihksub1 is a humble man, Check out his Beast II If his PC Power and Cooling 510 can power all this, you got NOTHIN to worry about ;)

pumps2.jpg

rear.jpg

front.jpg

psuclose.jpg

nikhsub1 said:
I didn't know that heatercores ran off of PSU's :) Anyway, my 510 Deluxe powered all this, ready?

3 Laing D4's
6 Sanyo Denki 120mm fans
4 Panaflo L1A 120mm fans
4 Panaflo L1A 80mm fans
4 Hard Drives
2 DVD/CD-RW Drives
Floppy
2 Cold Cathodes
9800XT

I think the 510 can power your minimal requirements :D

Yep even my Thermaltake 560 supports :p
2 Laing D4's
6 Sanyo Denki 120mm fans
4 Panaflo L1A 120mm fans
3 Panaflo L1A 80mm fans
1 Hard Drives
1 DVD/CD-RW Drives
2 Cold Cathodes
Nvidia 6800GT OC'd 450Mhz
Audigy Sound card

and my case has a slot of a second PSU if so needed. ;)

So I'd certainly hope the PC 510 would.

I was wondering how he could fit those fans into a standard case....lol

Very impressive indeed. I like the all black look myself.

Ok, sounds like it can. I'll get one if I can find a place to order it, thanks :)

As much as I like the 510 Deluxe I would give the nod to the Powerstream 600. The main appeal it has over the 510 is split 12v rails. You get a dedicated rail for the motherboard/cpu and a dedicated rail for all the peripherals. For OC'ing this is ideal as 2 HD's and a CDROM + video all going to load aren't going to flucuate the rail as they are independent. It appears PC Power and Cooling see's this as the best way since all the new PSU they are getting ready to release also feature this.

I really hate the bling on the Powerstream but for the other benefits it would be my choice in the price range your talking about.

Hmm... that is a good point. The OCZ is also more readily available to me than the PCP&P... I guess I can't go wrong with either, but I always like to have the best.

JeffP, YGPM regarding your sig ;)

Back