• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is a good cleaner for an aluminum case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

mine's getting kind of dusty, and there are tons of fingerprints on it. can someone recommend me a good cleaner? right now I am just using water and paper towels to be safe. thanks!

EagleOne

It's designed for Mags & aluminum rims so you can imagine what it will do for your case ;) I'm sure the auto parts store has a ton of aluminum cleaners/polishers you can choose from too.

I wouldn't use EagleOne as it's abrasive and might change the look of your case (Especially if it's anodized), you'll also remove the protective layer.

Paper towels are no good either, they're also slightly abrasive.

Just use a soft damp cloth, and if you really have to add a few drops of dishwasher soap to the water, then clean it with clean water afterwards and dry with a soft cloth.

thanks for the suggestion, neb. I think I will give it a go on a small area first or on the inside of the panel.

so just use a cotton cloth and some warm water with a bit of dish soap? that sounds safe to me. I should have remembered that from lapping...

olive oil. sounds weird, but trust me, it works. just a smudge of it on a lint free cloth, brings the fingerprints off a treat

_slh_ said:
olive oil. sounds weird, but trust me, it works. just a smudge of it on a lint free cloth, brings the fingerprints off a treat
Are you sure it doesnt just make the whole case oily and the fingerprints just blend right in?

Back