Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

??? Weird error with AI7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 09:30 PM Thread Starter   #1
azianese

??? Weird error with AI7

I was just reading about retail heatspreaders being very inefficient and cooling better with just bare chips. So, I go in and take the memory and pry off the heatspreaders and put them back in.

When I start up the computer, nothing popped up on the screen. In fact, according to the little AI7 double digit thing, it never even makes it past like the second step of the boot up sequence. It stops at "84" which states, "Initialize ISA PnP boot devices" and then it goes to "00" (which has no definition) and then the power shuts off. I'm not entirely sure what the error message means or what happened. As far as I know everything was all ok until I took the memory out and put it back in. I tried clearing the cmos, switching the memory up, and just other small things but I am actually just completely confused on what happened.

Here is a list of my setup:
AI7 motherboard
p4 2.4c sl6z3
fortron 530 ps

I dunno, and the whole computer is watercooled. I am guessing past that there is nothing else that could relate to the problem. Any help?
azianese is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 12-27-04, 04:55 PM   #2
Xception

Did you try and unhook your power supply and cmos for a couple of minutes prior to restarting. I have had this trouble before but sorry to say it does seem that you could have damaged the ram.

PNY 2X 260 GTX 260 SLI, Corsair 750 TX
CNSP 10X Extreme, CoolerMaster HAF 932
Xception is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-27-04, 05:50 PM   #3
Time4aMassiveOC

yeah man...sorry to say it but ..excluding the possibility of it not liking something you did...
common sense says you busted something if you take it out and do something with the word PRY in it, and put it back in and suddenly it dont work.

maybe you switched them into opposite slots? i doubt that would make any difference whatsoever but hey... maybe try switching thier order

Q6600 2.4Ghz@3.33Ghz
P4 3.4@3.85Ghz(14x275) , 2Gigs@DDR2-550 3-3-3-7
1.36Vcore , 1.90 vdimm , 32C Idle , 45C Load
Abit AA8XE , 256MB X600PRO AIW 480/308 Max OC
XP-90C , SilentCat 92mm 21dba 53CFM
Antec Truepower 550w 24-pin

Building Computers and OverClocking should be Outlawed and made Illegal due to the Highly Addictive properties of GHZ
Time4aMassiveOC is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-27-04, 05:53 PM   #4
Time4aMassiveOC

oh and were you on your carpet in socks when you struggled to take off the heatspreaders lol

Q6600 2.4Ghz@3.33Ghz
P4 3.4@3.85Ghz(14x275) , 2Gigs@DDR2-550 3-3-3-7
1.36Vcore , 1.90 vdimm , 32C Idle , 45C Load
Abit AA8XE , 256MB X600PRO AIW 480/308 Max OC
XP-90C , SilentCat 92mm 21dba 53CFM
Antec Truepower 550w 24-pin

Building Computers and OverClocking should be Outlawed and made Illegal due to the Highly Addictive properties of GHZ
Time4aMassiveOC is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-05-05, 12:59 PM   #5
__ThRiLLaG3__
Registered

I had some trouble when i set up an ai7 rig and a p4 2.8. Just wouldnt start at first, i started freaking out, moved the dual channel ram to the other two slots, it worked fine, then after a few days i moved them back to the other two slots to see if they were busted but it worked fine.. which is strange.

just try moving the ram to a different slot, it worked for me
__ThRiLLaG3__ is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards