• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External thermal sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GekigangarV

Registered
Hey guys I'm looking for something to read my processor temperature that is seperate from my motherboard. A suspect the onboard sensor to be a little screwy. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

hey thanks, this was exactly what i was looking for! :thup: do you know how many sensors the compunurse has?

btw, that quote is just wrong lol

I've had this thing for a couple months now, but I'm still unsure about where to place it. Currently, I placed it under the processor, directly under the core. I've seen pictures where people placed it under the heatsink next to the core. I was thinking about doing this, but it seems that a lot of factors would play on the temperature output, such as how well you set up the heatsink to absorb the heat, etc.

My question is, where is the best place to put the sensor?

TIA.

First of all that "Hairpin" sensor is hard to place on the die and get an accurate Reading. I use these "pinhead" sensors from Koolance and attach them on the edge of the die with a drop of AS thermal adheasive. It doesent interfear with the heatsink and touches ony the die.

com-m27_02.jpg

Back