• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.99GhZ Pentium 4 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mg

Hi, is there a program I can use to OC my processor? Also i have no idea what i'm doing, any help appreciated :)

There are a couple software overclocking programs. You might try softFSB which is a free download. Any idea what motherboard you have? Do you know if your CPU is a Willamette or Northwood? Download and run CPU-Z to check what CPU you have. Hopefully you have a Northwood.

Northwood
intel i845E 2ghz (came with my dimension like 4 years ago :|)

Last edited:
ok, it's a northwood. that's good! download softFSB and start raising the fsb in increments of 5-10 mhz. Eventually your system will crash, remember what fsb the system crashed at. reboot the computer and open softFSB again and increase the voltage .1-.05 then set it at the mhz that it crashed on. it should be stable this time. if your system crashes while you play a game or somethin, then decrease your fsb speed a few mhz until it is completely stable.

if you have money to spare, ideally you would want a better motherboard, or an entirely new system.

Happy OCing! :beer:

one problem.. on the FSB select (target mainboard) i have no idea which to select :|

mg said:
one problem.. on the FSB select (target mainboard) i have no idea which to select :|

if you download cpu-z and go to the mainboard tab it will tell you what motherboard you are using, then search for it on the program.

Back