• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CMOS checksum error? Need some help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iceage

I booted my rig today after adding some sinks to the MOS-FETs. At the first POST screen where the processor, memory and drives are displayed, after displaying that information I get this message: "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded", and then the rig locks up. I can't get into CMOS (by pressing delete). As well, I get one beep before the system locks up. No strange multiple beeps.

I've tried reseting the CMOS at the jumper, and that didn't visibly change anything. I also tried taking the mobo battery out, and that also didn't help. Power is going to the processor, as if I take the waterblock off the processor beeps at me because it gets too hot.

I've checked to make sure the waterblock isn't on too tight, and I'm pretty sure that the thermal adhesive on the MOS-FETs hasn't gotten on anything other than the surface of the chips.

Anybody ever dealt with anything similar? And any suggestions as to what to try next?

Thanks!

Back