• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mister Pink

Registered
For a couple months now, my computer failed to detect my hard drive on the first boot. On the second boot, however, it would be detected. I always figured this was a problem with my hard drive, and I'd just wait until it died. However, this morning it failed to detect both my hard drive and my dvd drive. At this point, I think there's a problem with my motherboard. What do you guys think? It's an Abit IS7-E, and the hard drive is a WD80GBSE.

how do you have the drives arranged? IE: are they on the same ide cable/seperate cables... how do you have the drives setup to as far as master/slave? I have had some similar issues when i didnt have my master/slave jumpers a paticular way.

Could be a controller problem which is onboard the mobo of course. See if you can update the controller driver. You might have to update all of the .inf drivers to do this. I would also update the BIOS while you are at it.

They're separarted. Thanks for the advice batboy, I'll try that out....Time to go dig up a floppy drive..

I checked the Abit website and didn't notice anything for updating controllers. I saw a BIOS update, but other than that, nothing...

Back