• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey guys , PS2 on computer with online, how ?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DSM4Life

Ok this is what i want to do. I want to be able to get my PS2 for in my room using my computer connections (cable, can i get a splitter for the eathernet cable in my room ????) i want to hook up my ps2 so that it displays on my computer monitor and i can play online? what do i have to do for this ??

ALSO i just thought of this but will they allow 2 connections from the same house signed on at one time ?

I'm not sure what your asking?

You won't to use your home internet connection to go on the net with your PS2?

The PS2, as far as I know, won't display on a standard computer monitor.

As far as getting it online, get a cable router in order to hook up both your computer and your PC to the net. Otherwise, you will have to unplug it from your computer and plug it in to your PS2 in order to play online.

i think there's a device to let you play xbox/ps2/gcube on a computer monitor, and u need a router unless you only use one at a time

cause my main goal here was that i want to play online with my brother. We have a decent size TV downstais but not in my room so i figured if i could put my ps2 on my computer screen and play with that i would be golden ! . Hmmmm i thought that it has been done before im still googlin thanks guys

To use a console with the monitor you will need a scan converter. Don't just get a cheap one either, I've got a cheap scan converter and the picture is pretty washed out. I've seen some nice ones that look great though.

We've played the GameCube on the PC monitor using an All-In-Wonder card and it looked great. Maybe get a cheap tv tuner card?

seadave77 said:
We've played the GameCube on the PC monitor using an All-In-Wonder card and it looked great. Maybe get a cheap tv tuner card?

now will the ps2 hook right up to a All in wonder card ??? I was thinking of that. I have a ati 9800 pro right now. I was thinkng of selling that and getting the AIW if thats all i would need ?

Back