• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super file? cant get properties, delete, rename, cut, copy, or anything else....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

This stupid stubbron file, it wont delete, rename, cut, copy, and i cant even see the file properties....

even tried in dos.

windows 2000 on a dell optiplex agx270

I just tried running scandisk /f (upon reboot) And it scanned the harddrive and wrote some changes, but nothing seemingly relating to this file. And i still cant get rid of this thing...

help.

Last edited:
I've had one of those. It was a stupid video file, well partial one anyways. Couldn't do anything with it, yet it was still there. The only way I got rid of it was a clean format of the system. Or if somehow you can get it on its own partition on the drive I'm sure just deleteing the partition would do the same thing. If thats even possible.

I imagine you tried in safemode. If you can get norton systemworks, try cleansweep. I had one that wouldn't delete forever. Than one day it would, i think the only reason was because i took out the bios battery for some extra chip flashing and it reset all the dates. So i guess you could try that.

searching download.com for a pure delete program might not be a bad idea either.

Spybot seems to be able to remove stuff like that.
Once you have it go into tools, there's a utility called Secure Shredder.

Back