• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fullscreen dualscreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

is there any way to have my computer recognize two monitors as one 2560x1024 monitor?

im looking into a new v-card (no, not a new girlfriend) - are there any video cards that support this?

I looked for one for awhile, but was unable to find anything that does that.
That being said, some programs (games) allow you to set your own resolution, so you could run them at 2560x1024.

Keiron said:
I looked for one for awhile, but was unable to find anything that does that.
That being said, some programs (games) allow you to set your own resolution, so you could run them at 2560x1024.

but would the 1280+1th column of pixels automatically be desplayed on the second monitor?

I use UltraMon and that allows you to spread a window over 2 monitors. Doesn't work for all programs though. I don't use this option, as I don't have to identical monitors.

shrinkydinx said:
is there any way to have my computer recognize two monitors as one 2560x1024 monitor?

im looking into a new v-card (no, not a new girlfriend) - are there any video cards that support this?

I think the nvidia software will allow you do this feature. I'm running a 6800GT on my other system and it spans the image so in the setting its sees it as 3200x1200

From nvidia's website on their nview software:

Customize each desktop's
Name
Background wallpaper
Display mode (single display, Dualview, span, etc.)
Display settings (resolution, color depth, and refresh rate)

Link

jpm804 said:
I think the nvidia software will allow you do this feature. I'm running a 6800GT on my other system and it spans the image so in the setting its sees it as 3200x1200

From nvidia's website on their nview software:

Customize each desktop's
Name
Background wallpaper
Display mode (single display, Dualview, span, etc.)
Display settings (resolution, color depth, and refresh rate)

Link

oooooh i like :)

awesome reply

yeah nvidia's software works great. also if your running xp I beleive that you can do this through the advanced tab of the display properties. However I would reccomend using the nv software anyways as it seems to be better and more suited to the the task. I'm on my laptop right now but If I can I'll through upsome photos and screenies of it tommorow. its New years eve though so I might not get to it till the new year.

i have a bunch of 3200x1200 wallpapers that i put up on my dualies... I'd recommend ultramon over nview... More options, easier interface.

Back