• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A9800xt help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hubage

So I recently aquired a A9800XT 256meg video card only to find that the fans are spinning at all. So I look through the software that came with it and found smart doctor, but read you have to install the Enhanced Drivers first. Okay, so i download the enhanced drivers, try to install, and it errors says that i don't have the required hardware. So i try to install smart doctor just for kicks and it tells me it can't find card information. So then i think maybe the previous owner flashed it to something wierd. So i download the latest bios, with winflash (from the asus website) and tried to flash it. When it tries to program the bios, it errors "wrong sub-vendor".

So i went to Asus's "helpdesk", and i've asked my question 3 times and gotten 3 automated BS answers that havn't helped at all. One telling me to install nVidia drivers....obviously the guy didn't read my problem at all. One told me to install the newest drivers for my MB (Asus A7N8x Deluxe), so i did that, but i still get the same errors.

So i come to you guys, since your probably all know a hell of a lot more than the "help" i got from Asus. Any ideas? Thx in advance.

:cry: That's not what i wanted to hear....i don't want to have to try to send it back.

Any other suggestions? anyone?

You say the card runs fine except for the fans? They should be a piece of cake to mod to connect to a molex connector instead of the card itself.

Back