• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI FX5200 performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mybrainisawaffl

So today I threw my new rig together, Asus P4S800 mobo, 745mb PC2100 RAM, 2.4 celeron, PCI FX5200. I loaded up the latest drivers for the nvidia, and ran her through 3Dmark01. 4966. I'm a bit dissapointed. This is before overclocking, mind you, but still, I'm dissapointed. Would it be the video card limiting it all, with its icky PCI-ness?

do some more benchmarks, such as aquamark, 3dmark05,03.
Did you buy the mad dog 5200plus pci card?
i bought the maddog 5200plus AGP card and heres my results, which show much better performance than the PCI,
we have almost the same motherboard, i got the Asus P4s800D version.
and i got only 256MB of ram.
so i think that if you just bought it, can you exchange it for the AGP version? that would give you a large performance gain...

heres my aquamark run at 300/420 which is oc'd but i got 7000 points with it stock.
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=821580008

and 3dmark2001 is doesnt seem very reliable, i got 5500 1 time then i got 4800 another time, try different benchmark programs, i really like aquamark.
give us some more Benchs!

Manufactured by XFX. Did some benchmarking:

3dmark03-1299
aquamark3-8333

Does running dual monitors slow porformance?

mybrainisawaffl said:
Manufactured by XFX. Did some benchmarking:

3dmark03-1299
aquamark3-8333

Does running dual monitors slow porformance?

it does for me at least...
what are your default clocks?
the 03 is better than my stock speeds(1112) i think those clocks are higher by default though...
if you Oc you could probably get some higher marks pretty easily

*sigh* $80 something. You see, this was to be a christmas gift for my ****ty emachines, and I ordered it many months ago. I really didn't know too much back then. How much would you think I could ebay this for?

ugh maybe 30 bucks or so. if your emachine has no agp slot youll have to use that card anyway. if its got agp, then we all learn from our mistakes where we overpaid for slow hardware. its a good thing you asked now youll be able to get a far better card such as that ti4200 :)

Oh no I'm AGP'd up. You see I ordered this card months ago. But just last week bought a new Motherboard, RAM, Case, all that jazz. Anyways, I've got my sights on a ATi 9800, which I hear can be flashed to Pro. Sounds good to me.

Back