• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TYAN Tiger MP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Random Nonsense

hi guys, i need a hand, since Tyans tech support appear to suck. i was wondering if anyone knows if the board can use regular DDRSDRAM and not jsut registered stuff, and whether its possible to adjust the boards FSB, as it appears to ONLY support 200 or 266 MHZ fsb...

thanks

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the board unfortunantly does not have any overclocking options. Standard Voltage, Standard 66/100/133 FSB settings and no multiplier options. (you could do this on your own though...as well as raise the voltage to 1.85...via bridge closing/opening on the CPU).

As far as DDR memory...The board has a total of 4 DIMM Slots. You can use up to 2 with standard memory. To use the 3rd and 4th slots, you need to use registered memory. (I'm not sure if that means registered in all slots or just 3 and 4..if I had to guess..ALL).

There is a good review of this board at AMDMB.com. Here's a direct link to the article.

I know it's not what you guys want to hear, but Golden Sockets work on AthlonMP's and Morgans, apparently... it's an extra $50 per cpu but it would make the board overclockable.... I myself am waiting for a 760MP offering from Abit or MSI...

SickBoy

SickBoy said:
I myself am waiting for a 760MP offering from Abit or MSI...

SickBoy

As am I!! :) I know the idea of a home computer w/ two processors may be overkill but....I just gotta! If I was to someday have an MP board..it might finally drive me to actually put a window in one of my cases!!

After working on a dual P2 400 workstation this summer, the benefits of duallin' are really evident to me... especially now since I have learned a dual-capable OS and there's going to be a lot more support for dual capable OS'es. Mostly it'll be a really really proficient folder.... that dual P2 box kicked out about 50 WU's a week, even though it was crappy little Deschutes core P2's...

Anyway..... come on Abit and MSI, we're waiting for ya!!

SickBoy

yeh i think i'll wait for abit or whatever, they like us overclockers! i got bad opinion of tyan tech support now, i asked em same questions and they just dont do a thing... anyone got any idea when another load of dual boards will be released?

I think the big players are setting up mobos with more stuff intergrated so it is taking more time. I wish they would hurry up cuz I would love an nice 2x CPU AMD mobo that used a regular 400 watt ATX connector.

el said:
I think the big players are setting up mobos with more stuff intergrated so it is taking more time. I wish they would hurry up cuz I would love an nice 2x CPU AMD mobo that used a regular 400 watt ATX connector.

The Tiger uses a standard ATX connector. I believe, even, that in one of the reviews I've read, they used a generic 300W successfully with dual 1 GHz Morgans. It's the Thunder (the $500+ 1U compatible dual board) that needs a specific PSu.

SickBoy

Back