• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn-in and latencys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

I know that some people can squeeze more mhz outa their RAM if they use burn-in programs...or just make the RAM more stable. But without touching my memory speeds (i have PC3200) will using a mem. burn-in program help me any with tightening latencys or just makiing them stabler? thanks!

try playing some of your favourite system demanding games for today(doom3 is best but farcry is good to)then try tightening some of the timings tomorrow morning and then try playing those same games i mentioned.after a few hours of gaming report back here.

i wish i could! i just got HL2 for X-mas but im not at our house so i cant get to my computer (neither decent computer not decent internet...for steam)...once i get back ill prolly try some burn-in programs and heavy gaming (fun fun fun!) and tighten up later...then try it again...love this stuff

Back