• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop fried, CPU Ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

Hi,

A couple of months ago here in NY we have a huge amount of rain unfortunately I have my alienware area51m along the window which is not closed.... to make a long story short a got home and found out that the laptop got fried over coz. its wet from the rain, upon close inspection I found out the mobo is fried but not sure if the CPU is ok (P4 2.5Mhz). Sending it to Alienware to replace a mobo and whatever else is broken will cost alot.

So my question to you guys is this if the mobo is fried isn't there a like a protection or something that will shut off the cpu itself, I really want to use this cpu to build a new system and OC it. The CPU does not look its fried no sign of burn.

Any recommendation of P4 Mobo

Thanks

well there is a program that you can use to shut down the pc when the temperature gets too high. This program is mother board monitor aka MBM. With this you will need Shutdown! aswell to make it work. Get those programs and you should set the pc to shut off if the temp gets to 70 degrees C.
Not sure if the cpu temp gets high if it gets wet. :-/

Also many people will buy a Asus or a Abit mobo as they are great for overclocking.

Back