• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MOBO for Socket 478

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

I just found out that I have a P4 2.5 lying around, which would be the best mobo for socket 478 out there and how much can you OC this CPU give or take.... Thanks

The "best" mobo is very subjective. What is your budget and what features do you want? Do you already have RAM and if so what? Might wanna look at the Abit IS7-E2 or AI7 if money is tight.

Is this a 2.5 400 bus CPU or 2.53 533 bus CPU? Either way, with decent cooling, 3 gig is possible.

this is 2.53-533 and my ram is 2x512 mushkin ram. money is not an option

is Abit IC7-G or IC7-G Max II are good for northwood - OC'ng

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the Abit IC7-G is a great mobo. But, the AI7 has vdimm of up to 3.2v compared to the IC7 max of 2.8v.

I recommend IC7-G, it has all the features you'll need, without being overkill. A Northwood should run just great with this mobo. Prescotts are crap, IMO. Rather buy a Northwood w/ 800 FSB if you want more bandwidth.

unfortunately I have a P4 2.53 - 533 FSB, guess I have to settle with that.... thanks

Back