• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT is getting BAD scores in 3dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanmartini

alright my stock ti4200 made 11125 in 01' andm y new 6600GT AGP only makes 13k ?!?! wtf is up with that ? i ahvent been impressed with the new drivers for it, is there any other drivers out there for it ? i would expect a big difference from a measly ti4200 up to a 6600GT.

thanks,

-Ryan

...could be because the ti4200 is optimized for DX8, and the 6600 is optimized for DX9. 3DMark 2001 is a DX8 benchmark, try comparing the cards in '03 or '05, and see what card comes out on top...

...BTW, if you don't already have DX9 installed, you're not getting the full potential out of the 6600...

ty my friend is going to run 03' on his 9800 pro and we will compare,

thanks for the dx9 , i dont know if i have it installed, didnt think about that =p

soo nice of you brundle fly to help out that kid with the voodoo 3, thats what the whole meaning of christmas is isn't it?

Does 3D Mark 2001 SE just give you a low score (the totals) or does 3D Mark 2001 SE also give you bad performance measurements (Ex. Nature has a majorly low FPS) (and/or a majorly low fill rate with the fill rate tests, you probably know, the tests with stripes of colors on the screen)

Back