• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec p160 59 bucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No window on the p160, but I expected that. Picked one up for the heck of it and just got back. Frankly I prefer it w/o the window; the one that antec has on the p160wf isn't exactly my style and i'd rather mod it myself.

nice find, I've been planning to get one of these for my new comp but was hoping for a sale, this is way better than I was hoping for

Oh man I hate having money. I do not in any way need a new case, and I need to save my money for important things. But this is just such a nice case. Oh the confusion on what to do. I wonder if a store around me even has it. Since they are currently updating their stock I geuss I will have to wait till the moon has vanished. Oh man this is pretty.

The local paper here had a picture of the one with a window !!! for $59 after MIR, manager could not explain the discrepancy...Welcome to CompUSSR........

Jonas, I remember reading a thread a while back (it mighta been "Modding Xaser3" in Cooling section, but that thread is 50+ pages long) where someone did it. I believe they just took out the front grill and filter and had enough room, but I'm not positive.

P.S. Just picked up the case today. Still 3-4 weeks away from building my system but I had my eyes set on this case for a while and at $60 I had to get it immediately. Now WTB radion x800xl...

Yeah, I took a good hard look at the case last night. The front is limited to a 120x25 fan but I want to set up a higher cfm fan in the front to create positive pressure along with side and top fans. I think that the chrome painted plastic in front around the intake holes that holds the blue leds comes off if you take out a few screws. Maybe I can take out those and drop the filter right up against the bezel to create enough room. Just wondering if anyone else has done this before, before I start cutting into the case.

It's instore pickup only I believe.

Jonas, I don't think you need to cut into the front bezel if that's what you were thinking. I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to recall what exactly someone did a while ago. I know for a fact they managed to mount a 38mm in there, and had to do some sort of cutting, but I'm almost positive they left the bezel alone.

Anyway, if you get it done let me know what you did. I'm thinking of doing it myself.

Yeah I'm not thinking of the bezel, well not really. There's a regular aluminum grill behind the bezel that you'd have to at least cut out. I don't have the case in front of me right now, but I believe the filter that comes with the case is very close that that aluminum grill and you may have to move that away a bit. Also, on the front bezel where the intake slots are it has the led mountings that are in the plastic surrounding the slots. I _think_ you can remove that bit of plastic holding the led's for more room. Approximately 1.5cm from bezel slots to cheap grill. The cheap grill is just that bit of plastic behind the slots..followed by the filter, followed by the aluminum grill. I figure if i remove the metal grill and the plastic led holder/chrome around slots, I can move the real filter right up against the bezel or install my own. That would leave a decent amount of room for a 38mm fan.

Back