• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding a SD memory card to a mp3 player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Alright, I have an RCA lyra 128mb mp3 player. I bought a 256 SD card to expand it. I popped in the card thinking this would give me 384mb....nope only 256!
I plugged in the lyra, it shows 128mb's of songs with no SD card in, unplugged it, put in the SD card and now it just sees 256mb blank...so add a few songs, unplug and play and it will only play those few songs. I turn it off, take out SD card and try to play the old ones and it won't! (Luckily I backed them up).

So is this normal? I was originaly just gonna buy another 128mb SD cards but the 256 were almost the same...lucky I didn't.

Is there any firmware fixes from RCA for this? This seems totaly bogus that it won't just add the new stuff to the internal...I mean if it can read a 1gb SD memory card, it sure as hell has the memory addressing to see 384mb!

Back