• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mem Bandwidth Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cikotic

Registered
What would be considered a good score using Sandra using the DFI Lanparty 250 UT with OCZ 3200 EL Platinum R2 memory when overclocked?

I'm currently at 2.5Ghz using a 3400+ and 250 FSB (10x multi) and scroring 3716MB in Sandra. Is this good or should I be getting better?

cikotic.. your right where you should be.. I get a little over 38k in sandra with same HTT and timings..

Thanks for the info guys...

I can boot my system into XP at 2.6Ghz (260 FSB) but programs become unstable. I'm pretty sure my memory needs tweaking but I'm unsure what settings need to be changed.

cikotic said:
Thanks for the info guys...

I can boot my system into XP at 2.6Ghz (260 FSB) but programs become unstable. I'm pretty sure my memory needs tweaking but I'm unsure what settings need to be changed.

I noticed with mine that the DriveStrenth setting helped me alot on getting the HTT up.. Try them all.. but the one that worked best for me was Level 4.

Also for my 3200 Plat 2.9vdimm is optimal .. more doesnt really help any..

I also run 10-3-3-2 1T for my 250HTT 1:1..

I would suggest you try different settings and run memtest before you get into windows to test the settings.. unless you dont care about screwing up your OS.. messing with those timings can corrupt files pretty easy..

Im still messing with mine since I got this cpu and if I come up with any other good settings ill let ya know.. :)

Thanks for the info Thunda. :)

Sorry about the late reply. A bout the flu or some other virus kept off the computer.

Are you refering to the memtest in the 10/15 betas? If so, whenever I enable it, the system just reboots over and over. I read a post that you should "load optimized" defaults in BIOS to get the memtest to work but last time I did that, it killed my onboard NIC and I had to RMA the board.

Edit:// I downloaded the bootable CD ISO of Memtest and ran it. It passes all the tests except for #5. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Last edited:
if it fails 5 you got big problems. try upping ram volts or loosen timings, #5 is critical first thing with timings being your'e at 250 is change cas to 2.5

Back