• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro > XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok my friend's got a 9800pro and he wants to flash it to an XT, Now, what do i need to find out from his card ? and what program/thing would i ask him to do so i can get the info (i think i need to know the core right?)

thanks

ps2cho said:
Ok my friend's got a 9800pro and he wants to flash it to an XT, Now, what do i need to find out from his card ? and what program/thing would i ask him to do so i can get the info (i think i need to know the core right?)

thanks

Read the sticky on main page of ATI video cards, it is all there!

CK

Yes i read it, but iv heard of that it depends on which core you have, or am i wrong?
i already read that you have to be able to get the card at 412MHz core clock and 365MHz memory, yes, but im not 100% sure on what else you need, iv heard that u need the right core
or am i just being silly ?

The only way to get the core type is if you take off the heatsink and look. You would have to do that anyway since OC or flash to XT with stock cooling is a bad idea.
If he can reach 412/364 then he can flash to XT regardless of the core. Its just that the 360 core makes the card a true XT with temp monitoring and overdrive while the 350 core benefits only from the improved timings of the XT BIOS and changes the default mem and core clocks.

Back