• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milky

Hi all, i'm new to all this but have recently upgraded my motherboard to a Asus P4C800-E Duluxe model which is running with a P4 Prescott 3.2... Reading through the forum i see there are a number of ppl using this setup and was wondering if you could give me some BIOS settings to get me started?

Thanks

Do some searching, read up on the basics of overclocking etc. Don't just jump strait into it and cause a load of damage to your system. Once you get an idea of what needs to be done then ppl here can help out on what your trying to achieve. I don't want to sound like im trying to put you off just from personal experience you need some knowledge of how to get started and what the settings are for. It wont take too long and is beneficial incase your system crashes etc.
good luck
And WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)

Thanks for the advice, i've read alot on the subject and generally understand how it works. It's just i've been through my BIOS and am unsure where the settings i need change are. I'm certaintly not planning on messing around with them yet untill i have more confidence with what i'm doing, if some one could point in the right direction with this motherboard i'd appreciate it... I'm using the latest BIOS, 1019.004...

thanks

You want to go to JumperFree Configuration and set manual. and under manual lock your AGP|Pci bus ratio at 66\33. Then go down to spread spectrum and disable it. Set your Vdimm to 2.75 for starters. Leave your VCORE on AUTO!!! DON'T MESS WITH YOUR VCORE YET, YOU CAN DESTROY YOUR CPU.

Next you have to find out what your memory timings\latencies are. It should be something like 2-3-3-6 or 3-3-3-8, I'd suggest going to your memories manufactors hompage and looking there. After you have these, in your bios, go to Chipset and then select Configure SPD manually or something like that and set the timings according to what you found out.

Now under JumperFree Configuration bump you FSB up like 1-2mhz at a time, reboot and check for stability with Prime95, let it run for a few hours. When you run into a problem, your first might be around 215-220 FSB, post back up and we can help you.

Thanks, that helps alot... I'll certaintly give it a go, but i think cooling is in order. I know Prescotts generally run hot, mines at about 50 degrees when idle, rising to about 62 when under load. Can someone give me a rough idea of what temp is too hot?

thanks

That is a bit warm if you want to overclock, what heatsink are you using?

Safe temperature

I'd reccomend keeping your temps under 55c at load just to be safe. Being that you plan on overclocking this CPU, I'd recommend getting yourself a better cooling solution. The Zalman 7700 series or the Thermalright XP-120 are great coolers for the prescott.

ukdan said:
That is a bit warm if you want to overclock, what heatsink are you using?

I'm just using the standered Intel one that came with the processer, i've ordered an Artic heatsink and fan so i'll give that ago, also have some round IDE cables on the way which i'm hoping will make some sort of difference. If that doesn't work i'll give Rangers recommendations ago... Hmmmm, thought temps of 62 seemed a tad on the warm side :-/

swindon, wiltshire many many miles away lol. Keep at it ,get some better cooling and post back when done.
(always fancied a night out in newcastle but cant get over the way every body up there wear's t-shirts in -1*c weather lol./ i'd look stupid with an eskimo(sp?) jacket on lol)

Well, fitted the round IDE cables and they have dropped my cpu temp by 3 degrees, which isn't bad going....

Well mate, you should try and get your self up to Newcastle, you'll have a good time, i would advise against the eskimo (hoping you spelt that right coz i'm just copying you) suit, you might get beaten up, the geordies are a funny bunch ;)

Back