• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF3 250gb firewall problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perseus

After a complete reinstall of XPro I installed the NV firewall. After a while (using default "mediums" settings), I lost my internet connection and couldn't figure out how to get it back. After a COMPLETE reinstall :( everything was fine. I decided to try Outpost FW and everything was peaches until I turned off netBIOS, file sharing and client for MS windows. When I did the same thing happened as with the NV firewall, no connection. I went into the settings for OP and removed the netBIOS configuration and I had a connection again.

What I'm asking is this, is the NV firewall worth using? Will it work okay if I turn off comm services I don't need PRIOR to installing it? Also, I have a linky BEFSR81 router, but it doesn't SEEM to have played a role in the failure. Please, assume that I'm an idiot in your explanation and baby me as much as you want. :confused:

Personally, I like to know what programs are trying to access the internet. I don't find it very secure if an app can access the internet without my prior consent.

When i used the nvidia firewall with my asus board, my connection would just drop randomly. If i didn't install the firewall software, it was fine.

Me too. It's funny that every review I've read on the NV firewall gushes about how good it is. I'll get a copy of leaktest from GRC and see what happens.

Well now, this really sucks. Leaktest 1.2 penetrated the NV firewall outbound like it wasn't even there. Back to Outpost Pro for me! :temper:

I have heard enough bad things about the firewall I didn't even try. Great idea that needs work, maybe it'll mature under the nForce4 setup. I'll stick with software firewalls for now. :attn:

deeppow said:
I have heard enough bad things about the firewall I didn't even try. Great idea that needs work, maybe it'll mature under the nForce4 setup. I'll stick with software firewalls for now. :attn:

I'm forced to agree with this. :thup:

Back