• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choosing CPU - P4.2.53 or XP3000 Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop11208

I have a dilemma I have both CPU and I dont know which one to keep the other one I have to give to my Brother.... I am leaning towards the P4 2.53 which Mobo is good for OC'ng this and money is not an option. How much do you think I can squeeze? this give or take.

Thanks

P4 2.53 - 533 fsb
Amd xp3000 - 333 fsb

i would deff go w/ the xp3000
as Steelpuma stated its faster at stock
and it can olso be oc'd, but so can the p4

It depends on what you plan on using your computer for---games or applications.I would also find out if the Athlon is locked or not...i know there was one site where I was able to see that i had an unlocked 2800+,but cant remember where that site was.If your primary use is in applications that arent video intensive,then keep the Intel...but if your using it for gaming or video/photo edit type of stuff,keep the 3000+.If its a mixture of everything,I would keep the 3000+ if its unlocked,but keep the Intell if the Athlon is locked.

Back