• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1000+ Fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pplapeu

My motherboard promises 1000+ FSB

It is a PX865PE Pro II. I have it OCed to 900FSB and run the memory in Auto at 450 in that manner.

Anyone who has an Albatron will know about this 1000+ promise from Albatron. At the Albatron site there are few who seem to utilize this feature.

I really am looking for tips from successful Albatron users.

As is i have a Prescott @3.83 Ghz. I ran SANDRA benchmarks that showed fairly decent performance.

I read some extreme OC threads right here and people really worry about the MOSFETs around the CPU and do different "sinking" mods. I want to skip that sort of thing, yet utilize the motherboard at mazimum efficiency and speed.
:attn:

I've had my Alby (see sig) at 1168 / 292FSB memtest stable (memory running at 584DDR 1;1), but not CPU stable. Best entirely stable speed was at 1136 / 284FSB with a Northwood 2.4C M0 doing 3.4ghz and memory doing 568DDR 1:1. That was on 1.6v CPU, 2.85 vdimm and 1.8v AGP.

Be aware that the memory voltage settings actually overvolt by about 0.15-0.20v, so the 2.85v setting will feed between 3.00-3.10v to the ram (which actually is kinda nice). Also, the AGP voltage is directly tied to the northbridge, so if you start getting uber FSB's and notice some instability, start turning up the AGP voltage. I found that anything below around 230FSB is fine at stock, 230-250FSB needs 1.6vAGP, 250-275FSB needs 1.7vAGP, and 275+FSB needs 1.8vAGP on the two Alby 865PE Pro II boards I own.

These boards use a four phase power regulation unit, so you shouldn't have much concern with smoking the MOSFETs while running your Prescott. The only complaint I had was the lack of voltage manipulation for standard Northwood processors (having 1.6v max) and the irritating PAT-alike not being able to work on anything over about 225FSB (at least not on the two boards that I've owned)

Still a good deal IMO for such a low pricetag :)

The motherboard is not the problem.
The problem is the 17 multiplier of the cpu.

To reach the quad-pumped 1000, it needs a 250 bus.
17x250=4.25ghz ... likely beyond the capability of that cpu.

1000 is a valid expectation on that mobo with a properly selected cpu.

Back