• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update on my custom external box...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

Case is constructed of the following materials:
-3/4" alluminum angle for the frame
-1/8 rivits
-Watts A-390 1/2"X1/2" Barb Adapter
-Watts A-385 1/2"X1/2" Barb Adapter

Watercooling components inside of case:
-77' Bonneville heatercore
-4 120mm 12VDC SANYO DENKI BRUSHLESS 5 INCH MUFFIN FANS 120MM
-Danger Den Bay Reservoir High Density Polyethylene
-AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12-T Mag Drive Inline Pump

Will seal all seams with silicon. Case will be constructed of 22 gauge aluminum sheets. Last side panel will be contructed of thick lexan. Anticipate this lexan side to be removable so I can have access to internal watercooling components. Plan on having a lexan interior panel to prevent heat from pump and powersupply from flowing to heatercore and reservoir. Will be using rubber groumets so tygon tubing can route through this middle lexan panel inside exterior watercooling case. Will mod this powersupply in external case to be slave to run pump and fans. Will have Watts A-390 and A-385 1/2"X1/2" Barb Adapters on rear panel of exterior case and system case to connect the two cases with one another. Will be purchasing blue LED case feet to put on bottom of exterior case so this external case will not scratch my system case. Will be painting all aluminum sides and angle aluminum black to match my Kingwin system case.
Before I finish this case this weekend, will the 22 gauge aluminum be strong enough to support the 77' bonneville heatercore? Also what would be the best paint to use on the aluminum? Duplicolor? Any other suggestions or input would greatly be appreciated.

DSCN1705.jpg

Back