• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this acceptable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Hey, I want to run my ram at 3.6 volts. It ran fine like that at high fsb and low latency (2-2-2-5 at 240Mhz) in my dfi ultra infinity that was volt modded. I sold it and am running the ram in my stepdad's computer. To get 3.6 I was going to run the 5 volt line from the power supply directly to the ram but with a 3.6 volt zener diode in between. Can this be done or will it all fry? I don't want to be stuck at only 3.3 volts after modding, and I can't turn up the rails on my power supply.

You cant run it directly to the ram, but u can run it to the Source pad of the vdimm mosfet, unsolder it from the board, put some insulation between the mosfet and board and then solder wire from +5V to source pad (bottom of mosfet) The only problem with this is on some boards it shoots 5V instead of 3.3V to certain parts of the southbridge and PLL Chips

-CaT

just solder your 3.3V rail to it, and adjust the pot on your psu so the 3.3V is at 3.6.

Back