• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

woah such low temps now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok i just installed my Volcano 11+ in place of a stock amd.
got my NF7-S 2.0

My idle temperatures used to be 42c
they are now 31c

Is that good or what ??!!!

Im now priming and overclocking my 2000+

Currently 1.88GHz 150FSB 1.63vcore
STILL a long way yet =D

Ill repost at over 2GHz

Ok its booting at 1.97GHz still at 1.63v

I tried changing the multiplier to 12 insted of 12.5 and set the fsb at 160, but then nothing came up on the screen. was just black. so reset the CMOS and changed back to 12.5 and 155fsb

Would it be the multiplier that caused that? or too high fsb?

Well I guess the only way to know is change the muilt and fsb by there self's.

If you drop the multi on your Tbred-B to 10 or 11 you will probably see an FSB of 200+. I would try 10 and push till you hit your FSB wall. Cheers! :beer:

No my CPU is locked to my knowledge, i just wanted to see what happened if i changed it

EDIT: I just tried 2GHz @ 1.65v, didnt prime good =( ill try 1.7v

Oh and thats another question i gotta ask...Even with this mobo, my vcore is still undervolted to what i set it at.

I set the vcore at 1.85v and it states in Speedfan and Guru its between 1.78v-1.81v
Could this be my CPU that is undervolting itself?
Just like my last board, it said it was 1.56v all the time, but the 2000+ came at 1.6v stock.
so why does it undervolt ?

you may be able to unlock that chip by connecting some of the L bridges on surface of the chip w/conductive ink. haven't done this on a Tbred but I believe it is possible. connected the bridges with pencil on my old Tbird and it's now unlocked. you can't use pencil on the newer chips b/c of the material that was used. ask around or google the topic, I'll bet it can be done. Cheers! :beer:

Ok ill look into that...
Ok iv got it stable. 2.09GHz 1.8v - prime stable.

Now...i got it running at 170FSB. my PC2700 ram is gonna kick in now, Lets hope i got lucky ram hey ! Iv seen PC2100 in the 190FSB areas! So lets hope for mine =)

Oh and im running 39c load

Awesome! I think if you can throw enough voltage to your ram and/or loosen your timings a little bit, you may be surprised at what that PC2700 can do- it can probably reach PC3200 speeds. Problem is if you can't change the multi to something other than 12.5, I don't think the cpu will get there. I have seen some Tbreds running 2.5Ghz+, but not many!

As far as your temps go, they look excellent- but I think you are getting into the upper limits on your vcore. I wouldn't continually run your cpu at 2.0V+ if you want it to last.

Ok i need some advice now.
Im currently 2.2GHz 170FSB 1.95v 100% prime stable.
Do u think i should push 2v ?

I will only need this CPU for about another year or two. i might keep it at 1.9v and keep putting back the fsb til its stable

what would u do in your opinion ?

EDIT: Oops. I mean 177 fsb.

Last edited:
I cannot get my ram more than 179mhz at 2.8 volts so you might be at the memory limit. If you can get a higher multiplier use it so you can keep the memory fsb at 177mhz and see how much more your chip can go. I personally would not try to push more than 2 volts through it unless you do not mind losing the chip. I suppose if you end up frying it you will know what you should NOT have done. xp2000 default at 1663mhz so you got a preety impressive over clock there any way if your at 2192mhz.

i would lower that votlage to around 1.85 i only needed 1.8V for a 1700+ @ 2.43ghz and up that memory voltage to the max the motherboard can go 2.9V ( really it will be 3.0V )

well i needed 1.9v to be prime stable...Is there anything i can do with my timings?
Im 4-5-5-7, iv never touched ram timings before, can u recommend a good set for me to try ?

Back