• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My System won't POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoritschel

Registered
Hi! I think I pushed an OC a little far, so when I saved my settings in the BIOS and rebooted, it wouldn't POST. Then, I tried clearing the CMOS. I have probably done so about 15 times. I tried switching the ram out. I don't have a system speaker, though, as mine broke. Is there anything like an LED that I can use as an alternative to the speaker? If you know of anything that may possibly help me, I would really appreciate it. I really need to finish a school project by monday. Thanks!

There is the possibility that you somehow corrupted your BIOS. If all else fails, try flashing your BIOS with the correct version from DFI.

Uhh... I can't really flash my BIOS if the system won't post. Thanks, anyway, though. :(

I also think you might have corrupted your bios. You might have to buy a bios chip for your motherboard from DFI:(. You might be able to get a replacement from here also. That's what happens sometimes if you push your OC too far. It's a good idea to have something like a BIOS Savior around when you're overclocking.

Back