• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9800 Pro is flat lining!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

My 9800 Pro (soft modded to XT) seems to be die or seomthing im getting artifacting on the desktop its not the cooling at all ive reset it 3 times now. Massive glitches in HL2, im not sure what the problem is if anyone could give me some suggestions i would be very greatful. Its 1 year old as of today. Is there any warrenties on this thing btw?

Looks like you've got a goner. Try lowering the frequencies below pro, and see if that helps. Don't know, but maybe softmodding voids the warranty, not sure.

Dan

The softmod is technically overclocking. So yes, you did void the warranty. As for lowering the clockspeeds, you can try it, but that sounds awfully like how mine died, and dropping the core or memory didn't help at all. I wish you better luck with salvaging the card (for however long it'll last if you can) than I had with mine.

Yes, you have voided your warrenty.

What does this artifacting on your desktop look like? Horizontal and vertical lines? If so, my 9700 Pro was doing that and I DID NOT overclock it. RMA'd it and ATi was fine.

Edit: I think the card has a 3-year warrenty.

Back