• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP or PCIE upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saguy

Registered
Currently I am running with the setup as shown below in my profile. My current setup is not slow (5200 points in 3dMark05) but in Everquest 2 it running badly.This appears be a wide spread problem with all the 6800 series of cards.

Option 1
Keeping my current setup and then upgrading when cheaper nforce4 Ultra boards with SLI become more readily available. I would have to purchase 1 or 2 new PCIE graphics cards - not sure how much I would get for my current AGP 6800 Ultra at a later date.

Option 2
Upgrading to a new Asus A8V(AGP) or Nforce 3 motherboard and a new 3200 Winchester CPU and keeping my 6800 Ultra (AGP). This setup could last the next 18 months max, with perhaps a CPU upgrade in between.

Option 3
Sell my 6800 Ultra now and replace it with a new Radeon X800XT PCI-E (not a PE as I would have to pay to much in) or a new 6800 GT PCI-E. A new 3200 Winchester CPU and a new Nforce 4 (or Ultra) PCI-E motherboard.

Any good practical advice would be appreciated - I don't mind spending the cash but I do mind throwing it away.

Back