• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IDE HDD and SATA DVDR, how to connect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bimmerjim®

Registered
i just got a sata DVDR, and im removing the cdr that i had, both used to be on a common IDE cable becuase these are drives from the old computer (old)

new setup in sig:

anyways. my HDD is IDE... its conected to the IDE cable and to the MOBO. its jumpered master, and its pluged into the master end og the cable..... i conected the DVDR to the SATA1 conector on the MOBO and when i startup it says "SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND P[RESS ENTER"

what do i need to do to make this work?

thanks,
Jim

go into your bios, usually by pressing delete at startup, and change the priority in which your devices boot. Look for Boot Management or something along those lines and make your harddrive the first since that's where your Operating System is installed. hope this helps.

xCarne_Asada said:
go into your bios, usually by pressing delete at startup, and change the priority in which your devices boot. Look for Boot Management or something along those lines and make your harddrive the first since that's where your Operating System is installed. hope this helps.

thatnks for the quick reply, i just changed boot priority to HD, then CDrom. restarted and same message.

i dont think its seeing my HDD on the IDE. ?????

okay, this is awsome :) i just took the jumper out of the hd, ant it works! and damn, startup is about 4 times faster!!

NOTE: abit MOBO's dont like hdd's and media devices on the same cable. lol

Back