• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3.4E is slower than 3.0C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smekta3

I have an lga775 3.4E which i can oc to 3.6 from the IDCC, and i decided to runa performance test. At first i ran justa CPU benchmark, and loaded up 5 baselines. All the baseline CPUs were slower then mine some were a 3.0C with 533 bus. And in almost every CPU test i got lower marks, except for MMX. I decided to run the full tests, of couyrse my final result was lower then almost all the baselines, while i have a decent compouter. I also tried withoput OCing and it still was slower. is it something im doing or is there a way to adjust this somehow?
My specs
3.4E at 3.6 lga775 with a 7700-CU
Intel D915PBL
512 DDR2 PC4300 dual channel
160gig WD HD
x600 pro video

Are you only running one 512 stick, or 2x256. Not running in dual channel can greatly affect your scores esp. things like memory bandwidth.

Michael

What CPU benchmark are you running? Sandra CPU benchmark is one of the few tests that Northwoods seem to have an edge over the Prescotts. Try Super Pi 1M and watch how well the Prescott does or run some memory benchies.

There is no 3.0C 533fsb it does not exist. The Northwood 3.0C is 800fsb processor,that's 200x4 = 800
Intel's Northwood B was a 533fsb processor 133 x 4 = 533 it was also a 3.06 ghz processor. You better be happy with the performance you are getting. That is where it will stay since you have an Intel motherboard. Don't worry about comparison benching. It is a good board and a nice processor. For now at least just run it and enjoy it. Benches are great, however you will see little difference in real world apps.

WZ

Last edited:
"Are you only running one 512 stick, or 2x256. Not running in dual channel can greatly affect your scores esp. things like memory bandwidth."

Im running 2x256 on dual channel.

"What CPU benchmark are you running? Sandra CPU benchmark is one of the few tests that Northwoods seem to have an edge over the Prescotts. Try Super Pi 1M and watch how well the Prescott does or run some memory benchies. "

I was running a "Perfromance Test" and thats all it said, I will try to run Super Pi 1M and see if the results do look different.

"There is no 3.0C 533fsb it does not exist."

I meant to say that the CPUs were not faster than a 3.0C, and some of them had a 533 bus. Sorry about the spelling.

Would it be better if i switched to a new motherboard, maybe Asus, or something that will suit this proc a little better. I know Ocing is horrible on this board and all i can get is 200Mgz.

Back