• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 6800 GT Problem..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jagal

Greeting Guys..
when i installed My card which is clocked 370/1000 (350 default) every thing seemed to be ok.but when trying to play or benchmark, i got a lot of locks up.
Games like (doom3, nfs underground 2,Obsecure,THQ...etc) and benchmark like 3dmark 2001 & 2003.
Trying to solve this issues i used nvflash to copy the old bios.
after saving it i used omni extreme edit to edit the bios.
I kept the clock at its default values 370/1000, the only thing i've done is raising the voltage from 1.3V to 1.5V.
I saved it and flashed the card with the moded bios.doing this solved all the problems .
but although every thing is going great, i can't overclock the card more than default clock speed(both gpu and memory).
If you have any idea why is this happening i would appreciate any help...

Cheers,

my system:
AMD 3000+ 64
Asus nforce 3 K8N.
BFG 6800 GT OC 256 MB GDDR3 AGP.
512 Twinmous 3200.
Creative Audigy 2ZS
2 Power Supply Connected together 300W each.
Windows XP Proffessional+SP2
Average GPU Temp:54 C
Average cpu temp:30 C

Most GT's dont like 1.5, but rather 1.4 V. I had issues with that also and found it was a bad power rail. These cards dont like anything else on the power rail especially when OC'ed. I see you have 2 PSU's, that may not be making your card happy.

Most GT's dont like 1.5, but rather 1.4 V. I had issues with that also and found it was a bad power rail. These cards dont like anything else on the power rail especially when OC'ed. I see you have 2 PSU's, that may not be making your card happy.

i thought that too,but i tried another graphic card (inno3d 6800 gt 256 gddr3) on the same system with it's default bios, and it worked great,also i was able to overclock it to 400/1100 without any hassle .and each game worked smoothly without any lock ups.maybe your r right about that the bfg's need a clean power..may be i will try to get a good psu(antec maybe..)

Back