• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore differences

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acurasquirrel

Registered
I have a 2500+ mobile barton and an ASUS A7V600-X, not a great board by any means. Im stable @ 2.45 if I set the Vcore to 1.7 but in ASUS probe the Vcore is reported as 1.66. Now is the a MOBO issue, PSU or something else. BTW I have an Abit AN7-S V2 coming in on the 5th.

dunno whats the issue, but thats pretty much how it is. all of my PCs have been like that, it might read a little lower, but when underload its will suck more current and hit close to what you set it to

I'm not entirely sure about your board specifically, but some boards undervolt on the vcore. Take my Abit for example. If I set it to 2.0v in bios that gives me an actual vcore voltage of 1.95. 2.1 in bios is 2.0 actual, etc.....

Maybe someone that has that board will come along & shed some light. But I don't think it's anything to worry about.

BTW - WELCOME!

Thanks for the welcome, being a mod on a major car forum (50k+ members) I always hate being a newbie. Im hoping for 2.7 once I get the abit board and better RAM.

From what I understand and from my experience, fluctuation within +/- 5% is still OK. Of course if it's always scraping 5%, then it's possibly too close for comfort. 5% is also the default alarm threshold in MBM for volts.

its completly normal. i have to set my vcore to 1.97v to get it to be 1.9v lol
yes i get a huge undervolt...
dont worry about it

The asprire 520 watt 3 fan unit, not the best but it was cheap and I had a gift certificate to Micro Center.

Got a question when I get the new mobo and RAM I really plan on cranking the CPU up. Now Ive read about the L12 mod. Is this something I should do?

If you are completly sure that your fsb can handle 166MHz fsb. then yes definatly do it

Back